Free School Meals
Could your children be entitled to free school meals? If you are on the following benefits you will be
able to claim a meal for your children:
• Income support
• Income based Job Seekers Allowance or an Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Child Tax Credit (only with a family income of less than £16,190)
• National Asylum Seekers Support
• Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
• Employment and Support Allowance
You can’t get free school meals if you are claiming Working Tax Credit.
It’s easy to apply at http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals by using the link below or use the form on this page, or ask the school office for a form.
And your child’s school will get a payment from the Government of £900 per year.